Monday, July 11, 2005

I hope I didn't get sucked in

I purposely avoid the premier episodes of reality shows because I don't want to get hooked. But now I find myself watching "Rock Star: INXS." INXS is using an American-Idol-type format to choose a new lead singer to replace Michael Hutchence who hung himself to death in 1997.

I'm half-way through the premier and I don't feel that I am in any danger of getting hooked on the show.

All the contestants are young. INXS is old.

Some of the contestants are female. Is INXS really going to have a female singer?

The one black contestant sang Living Colour's Cult of Personality. That's really the only rock song by a black person/group in the last 20 years I can think of. I wonder what he'll sing next week. Will that be enough to bring me back next week?

Wait a second...one of the guys from INXS just gave a contestant crap for forgetting the lyrics during her performance. He asked, " If you're going to fold under the pressure in front of a thousand people, what's it going to be like in front of 50,000 people?"

New lead singer, no lead singer, 20 lead singers...when the hell is INXS going to play in front of 50,000 people?

By the way, I've now started documenting how drunk I am when I post each entry. I really felt people wanted to know.

1 COMMENTS:

Tanya Kristine said...

love the sober meter.