Saturday, July 23, 2005

My drunk anniversary

Today marks the one year anniversary of mydrunkthoughts.com. I didn't have that domain name when I posted my first entry. It took a while to save up the $9 to register it.

When I wrote that I doubted anyone would ever read this blog, I could never have imagined someday I would have as many as six faithful readers.

I would like to take this time to review some of my favorite posts from the past year.

Some of my favorite entries occurred when I was drunk. In More MacGyver , I analyzed why MacGyver doesn't like alcohol or guns. Many of my posts have dealt with the 80's action show. Recipe for fun recounts my night of drinking with MacGyver and a Charles Barkley bobblehead doll.

In The one for me I realized my perfect woman.

I'm far from a movie critic, but I've reviewed some of the worst movies made:
The Day After Tomorrow
The Whole Ten Yards

I also love to comment on award shows:
2005 Academy Awards - And the winner for Best Motion Picture is "Pleasure Zone: Foreign Affairs."
2005 MTV Movie Awards - Hey, Katie Holmes brought her dad out. Oh wait, that's Tom Cruise.

While most of my blog deals with trivial topics, occasionally I take on serious matters like Teacher-Student Sex Scandals.

Earlier this year, entire country was discussing Terry Schiavo. I was no exception:
In No More News Terry Schiavo dies and the world runs out of news to report.
My Living Will - If I'm ever on life support, I want my wishes to be followed.

When Pope John Paul II died, I was quick to apply for the job:
Please consider me for Pope - Of the 10 Commandments, I've only broken the trivial ones.

I gave my readers a glimpse into my origins in A little about me.

Regular readers know that I am strongly against marriage and children. I think everyone would agree that this is a great Reason to Never Get Pregnant.

As my blog began getting more hits, I started examining how people were coming across it. It turns out that a lot of people are interested in seeing Alyssa Milano naked.

Not long ago, I introduced Drunken Lego Wirthy. Maybe he'll make a return appearance soon.

So here's to my first year of blogging and to many more years of me wasting away my life, sitting alone, drunk, at my computer, watching the world pass me by.

7 COMMENTS:

Airelee said...

I have to say that the "Teacher Student Sex Scandals" post is what got me hooked on your blog! You're right---I often measure a person's guilt or innocence my mere looks alone!

Lila said...

Congratulations and happy birthday! You have a great blog. I'm glad I found it!

KOM said...

Congrats!

I don't often comment, but I read every day. Good stuff.

...do you have any Milano shower stuff: :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats 2 u!

mr_humble_guy said...

Congrats, Wirthy. My favorite posts of yours have to be the "Drunken Interpretation Of An Overly Simplistic Song" ones.

Dee Snider wants to rock

..classic

{LyndsD} said...

Congrats! I love all your posts. They are all great! Hope you have a wonderful anniversary!

Tanya Kristine said...

my life is so much richer having known you.

put THAT in your resume...