Sunday, March 19, 2006

Drunken thoughts on "Cocktail"

What is it about Elisabeth Shue movies that makes me want to drink?

Tonight "Cocktail" was on Starz, Encore or one of those other channels that run up my cable bill, yet rarely offer anything good to watch.

Just like "Leaving Las Vegas," this movie makes me thirsty. Since they're both, in some way, about alcohol, I guess it makes sense. It never bothered me that "Leaving" was about a guy drinking himself to death. It still makes me want to drink.

So here I am: drinking whiskey, watching a pre-insane Tom Cruise pouring drinks.

Hey, there's the World Trade Center. Those were innocent times.

Cruise and the other guy from the movie get drunk and walk around New York, singing the Big Bopper's "Chantilly Lace." Never has booze made me take to the streets, singing songs with my buddies.

Time for another C.C. & Coke.

I remember that Kokomo song was pretty big when I was a school lad.

Oh, oh - Tom just knocked up Elisabeth Shue and her father is not very happy with him. Wonder if Katie Holmes' dad likes this movie.




5 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

Goddamn Wirthy! You're wasted.

Lil Bit said...

Wha? You've never taken to the streets & sung drunken songs w/your buddies? Well, why the hell not?! LOL!!

DaMasta said...

Wirth, this movie just makes me depressed. All the drinking and people killing themselves and angry dads. Ugh.

Plus, wasn't that Elizabeth S. in both those movies? What is with her and drunk guys? Geezus, have a little self respect.

[no offense, wirth]

Anonymous said...

This is a great addition to the blog, Drunken movie reviews by wirthy. Keep them coming.

Kyle said...

singing is the best when you are wasted, in my country my friends and i go to the beach wasted at 3AM and sing,lol.