Thursday, August 24, 2006

The ups and downs of life

I've lost nearly all my regular readers. Down from a once mighty 212 visitors per day, I now average only 50.

Nothing sucks all the creativity out of a person like a full-time job. I now spend all my time working on my company's web site and no time on this site. And I get in trouble if I even put one picture of a drunken Lego guy on my company's site.

When I do have a single bit of free time, I'm either trying to balance my drunk ass on a bar stool or spending quality time with the girlfriend watching shit like this.

So, life's kind of been a rollercoaster lately. Lots of highs and lots of lows:

I turned 32 a couple of days ago. Another year older (low).

Another year closer to death (high).

I got my first speeding ticket in nearly 10 years (low).

I got 1 1/2 jobs (low).

I get 1 1/2 paychecks (high).

My 1 1/2 paychecks don't add up to most people's single paycheck (low).

Last night on "Happy Days," Fonzie injured himself in a motorcycle accident (low).

The morning after pill was OK'd for over-the-counter sales (high).

I splurged on an insanely expensive ($19.99) bottle of vodka (high).

Girlfriend drank all my $20 vodka (low).

4 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

okay, you just got one more. You're a real funny fucker.

WendyC said...

Welcome back! Now I don't have to delete you from my blogroll ;)

angie, party of one said...

Oh my buddha I'm so glad you're back. I was worried that your liver exploded or a Hooters girl smothered you or something.
Welcome back and happy belated b-day.

Chalice said...

I can't say much about the aging thing.. I turned 36 on the 19th.. Definite LOW... But Happy Belated Birthday

Glad you are back..