Tuesday, June 02, 2009

My New Ride

I'll admit it: I am stuck in the 80s. A room in my house is dedicated to the decade, complete with an 80s arcade game, Atari 2600, original Nintendo Gameboy, and 76ers-era Charles Barkley jersey. My DVR is full of "MacGyver," "Magnum P.I.," and "Quantum Leap" episodes. My iPod exclusively plays hair metal bands such as Motley Crue, RATT and Winger.

Now I have an 80s car: a 1986 Pontiac Fiero. It takes me a few minutes to get my crippled ass in and out of it, but that's a small price to pay for cruising around in 80s style.

4 COMMENTS:

DrunkBunny said...

my ex husband had the exact car, right down to the year, color, everything. It was fun to drive.

angie, party of one said...

Oh my God I think I love you.

Effortlessly Average said...

You should print out this picture and put it behind the cover of your Trapper-Keeper.

Oh, and when you're getting in and out of your rockin' new ride, don't snag your leg warmers. heh.

Clint Moore said...

Well, it's all worth it if you have that kind of car. Nice cars were actually started in the 80 which makes 'em a classic. You're one of those lucky guys who get to drive 'em today.