Thursday, August 26, 2004

Am I a social drinker?

I find myself in a strange, unfamiliar situation. It's nearly midnight, I just got home, but I'm not drunk.

After work, I met John Erickson at a bar where I had a few beers, not a lot - 3 I think. Afterwards I went to Erickson's house where I drank a handful of beers over quite a few hours. I guess you could almost call it social drinking.

On the way home, I stopped by Chuy's but after finding no one I knew, I left without having a single drink.

So now I'm at home. I did not sleep in my car. I've already changed clothes. I didn't fall down. I am not lying on my living room floor or passed out in a recliner. It's a very wierd feeling. If you haven't tried social drinking, I recommend it - once in a while.

I gotta go now. I hear my whiskey calling for me from the kitchen.

0 COMMENTS: