Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Plant that curbs binge drinking

Study: Kudzu helps curb binge drinking

I doubt this would reduce my drinking. The researcher speculated that kudzu increases blood alcohol levels and speeds up its effects, meaning that a person needs fewer beers to feel drunk. For me, however, feeling drunk has never stopped me from drinking more.

The article says that other scientists found the herb to be effective in reducing alcohol intake on rats. In general, I assume being a laboratory rat isn't that great. But if you are one, these are the kind of studies you live for.

I can only think of one possible benefit this plant would have for me. If I gave it to my date, I could get her to that "putting out" level with buying fewer drinks.

1 COMMENTS:

Kimberley said...

The "Putting Out" level is a.w.e.s.o.m.e.