Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'm Going to Hell for my Excessive Wealth and Biological Research

Nobody knows how to ruin a good time like the folks over at the Vatican. First they outlaw gluttony and sloth and now they say I can't have excessive wealth or perform stem cell research.

I have jars full of dead fetuses; what am I going to do with those now?

The Vatican is updating the 7 Deadly Sins with new "Social Sins":

1. Bioethical violations such as birth control
2. Morally dubious experiments such as stem cell research
3. Drug abuse
4. Polluting the environment
5. Contributing to widening divide between rich and poor
6. Excessive wealth
7. Creating poverty

10 COMMENTS:

Mighty Dyckerson said...

Send me the dead fetus jars. I sell them at the county fair.

Tanya Kristine said...

so bill gates is going to hell? even though he donates half his excessive wealth to charity? Hmm...we need a new pope.

hvnleediva said...

Hi Wirthy,

I stumbled upon your blog and love your witty posts. I was purusing through your archives and saw you made a reference to 'short' Geri keeling. Is this the Geri Keeling that lives in Phoenix and works for State Farm?

Wirthy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wirthy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wirthy said...

Yes hvnleediva, I believe that is the Geri Keeling I am referring to

Anonymous said...

Excessive wealth is a sin the Church freakin' PERFECTED. In catholic school the nuns defended the church keeping it's riches by the Jesus bible quote, "The poor you will always have with you."

The church, who has more money than God, is claiming it will go bankrupt if they compensate victims of the predator priests they encouraged. If the richest organization on the globe will go bankrupt because of that... can you imagine the scope of their molesting ways?

hvnleediva said...

Wirthy,

Small (pun intended) world. Are you a close friend?

Wirthy said...

Hvnleediva, Geri married one of my friends.

hvnleediva said...

I'm sorry ;>)