Saturday, March 15, 2008

Side Effects May Include Uncontrollable Fun

Sitting in my recliner, sipping coffee, watching "Beverly Hills 90210" -- my usual Saturday morning routine -- I catch a commercial for a drug called Mirapex. Assuming it's another ad for a hair loss solution or one for erectile dysfunction, I pay it little attention. But then I hear the warning that possible adverse effects may include uncontrollable gambling and hypersexuality.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Rewind. Rewind again. And again.

It turns out that Mirapex is a medication for treating Parkinson's disease and Restless Legs Syndrome. And after further research, I learned that side effects may indeed include compulsive gambling and an increased sex drive.

So the next time I find my drunken self in Vegas, I'll be armed with a weekend's supply of Mirapex -- gamblin' and screwin'! Sure, it may also cause dizziness and nausea, but Vegas alone usually causes that.

3 COMMENTS:

angie, party of one said...

OH MY GOD! I thought I was the ONLY person in America watching 90210 every Saturday morning. Welcome my brother, welcome.

Effortlessly Average said...

"Sure, it may also cause dizziness and nausea, but Vegas alone usually causes that."

So does sex, if done right.

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Now, I feel good, I begin take up real money.
It gets down to choose a proper companion who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the profit with me.

You can ask, if there are such firms? I have to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]