Monday, September 19, 2005

Elaboration

"Anonymous" asked me to elaborate on my previous post. So, with what little I still remember, here are some details:

Friday night was spent at a friend's surprise 30th birthday party. It was held at my local bar so I would have been there anyway. I don't remember much from the night but I vaguely recall starting a bar tab at the beginning of the party but having a friend pay it at the end of the night.

I didn't get out of bed Saturday morning until 9:30am. I plopped myself down on my recliner and had no intentions of getting up for the rest of the day. However late in the afternoon a friend invited me to his cabin so we made the 90-mile drive. I remember mistaking an oncoming traffic lane for a left turn lane - and I was sober! The rest of the night was spent bar hopping. Hop, drink, hop, drink, drink, drink, hop, drink, drink, drink, drink, drink, drink, drink, hop, drink.

One of the bars had karaoke. I remember seeing David Spade there. I took a picture with my camera phone but it didn't turn out. I actually am now doubting that it really was Spade.

Earlier I realized that I had no money on me and had left my debit card at home. Luckily my friend makes like $24,000 a year and had some cash (same guy who paid my bar tab the night before).

Sunday after a breakfast of biscuits and gravy and a couple glasses of orange juice (with vodka), we rested for the trip back. Of course, before going home I stopped back at the local bar. What's one drink going to hurt? One drink, however, turned into many drinks. Wow - No way I could have predicted that!

Guess what - Sunday night is karaoke night. We have one rule when it comes to karaoke: You have to slip the F-word in at least once. Proving that this can be done with any song, I led the bar in a heart-warming rendition of "Silent Fucking Night."

Around 10:00pm I stumbled out of the bar but couldn't be 100% sure which car in the parking lot was mine, despite the fact I get handicap parking 10 feet from the front door. So I had a couple of friends take me home. Then I invited my girlfriend over so she could watch me pass out.

5 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Dude you sound like a winner. I'm sure some fine woman is dying to settle for your sort. Is this really your life? There has to be more:)

Wirthy said...

More? What else could there be? It's not like I have goals or aspirations.

... said...

man, if you are seeing people who aren't there, and your hallucination is david spade, it's time to stop drinking and go straight for the lsd.

Anonymous said...

That's really romantic. I usually make my boyfriend watch me pass out and then take care of me the next day.

Mozo said...

Dude, you're hot.