Sunday, September 11, 2005

Golf, strippers, booze

Yesterday was a full day of drinking. It started at 7:00am with a benefit golf tournament for cystic fibrosis or some other disease. I barely get up that early on a weekday, never on a Saturday!

I don't golf because I have cerebral palsy and can barely walk, much less golf. We CP'ers aren't whiners like the cystic fibrosis or muscular dystrophy people who are constantly having telethons and benefits. I have a chronic respiratory infection. I have a skeletal and muscle deformities. Waaaaahhhhh!

Anyway, I just sat in a golf cart and drank. Golf courses are about the only place where you can legally drink and drive. I suppose, however, if I mowed down a few golfers in a drunken joyride, there could be trouble.

After the golf, it was off to see the strippers. You know how it is strange to come out of a dark movie theater, expect it to be dark, but instead it's still daylight? Well the same thing happened yesterday, except I spent about five hours in a dark, smokey bar, only to reemerge in broad daylight.

The final four hours of my conscious day were spent drinking at my neighborhood bar. My girlfriend picked me up because I wouldn't have been able to figure out things like drive, reverse, gas pedal, brake, etc. Wish I still had that golf cart.

4 COMMENTS:

PC said...

I must be missing something, I never go see strippers.. Well, not at strip clubs anyway. Isn't it expensive?

aughra said...

better yet, a stripper in a golf cart.

Wirthy said...

PC, yes strippers can be expensive. But so are things like houses, cars, insurance, gas, etc. A necessity is a necessity.

Wirthy said...

Nope, Blondie. I currently have a clean golf cart driving record