Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Recently in my life

Tonight is opening night in the NBA. I am watching my hometown Phoenix Suns play the Dallas Mavericks. This season I will focus on the Suns and my new favorite team, the Miami Heat (because of the addition of point guard Jason Williams). I can't wait for the playoffs to start in 14-16 months.

In other news, girlfriend Melissa got me a real nice watch for our one-year dating anniversary. It is water proof up to a mile or something like that, which will really come in handy. Ironically, I also got her a watch, not a blender like recently reported.

I am going to try posting more at night in order to increase the number of drunken posts. I will lay the ground work for my entries during the day and put the finishing touches on them at night, when I'm drunk and my comedic powers are at their peak. Either that or I'll start bringing booze to work.

I just saw a commercial for the new Jeep Commander. A family is underwater looking at shark from inside their Jeep. While driving onto shore, this fine print appears on the screen: "Fictionalization. Vehicle not suitable for underwater use." Damn it!

3 COMMENTS:

angie, party of one said...

So you're a White Chocolate fan are ya? I'm a Kings girl myself, you can have him!!!

Wirthy said...

angie, party of one:

I think he has improved from his days with the Kings. Although I did love those days when he'd average one no-look-behind-the-back pass for every turnover.

Debi said...

OMG that game had me crazy! Double over-time and still the mavs won! Grrrrr! Tonight and thursday it's the LAKERS! whoohooo!