Friday, February 17, 2006

I'm retro, baby!

When I was a youngster, years before my drinking days, when my life still had promise, I got an Atari 2600 for Christmas. My brother and I spent countless hours playing games like Berzerk, Pitfall, Pac-Man and Basketball (this one provided minutes of fun).

For well over a decade, my beloved Atari had been locked away in a box, deep in a basement in rural North Dakota. But no more! I have rescued it and it now can regain its former glory in my spare bedroom.

Last night I played the same games I did when I was nine, except this time I was drunk. And if you look closely at the picture, you will also see a Sega Genesis. Nice.


3 COMMENTS:

Spotty said...

found your blog searching for more drunks....funny shi-ite!

clara* said...

so. jealous.

i haven't played atari in FOREVER!!!

Mark Leslie said...

Aw man, if I bring beer, can I come over and play? (I'll even bring my Intellivision)