Monday, January 30, 2006

Orphaned again

I finally sent the parents on their way back to the frozen midwest. I had to do some of the tourist stuff, which isn't my thing. I even went to church with them, which definitely isn't my thing. But since I only see my parents once every few years, I have fewer opportunities than my siblings to solidify my inheritance position.



We spent one morning walking around Old Town Scottsdale, which is made up of dozens of shops all selling the same stuff - Indian jewelry and leather goods.

Another morning was spent at a flea market. I was going to buy 100 socks for $10, but passed.

Parents met girlfriend a couple of times. That went well. I think they are hoping someday I'll marry. They're going to be disappointed.

So I said goodbye to them yesterday. As I walked to my car I was crying heavily. Dad thought it was because they were leaving, but the tears began flowing once I realized he wasn't going to give me any cash.

3 COMMENTS:

Lila said...

That's a very touching story. Sorry you didn't get any cash.

Blonde said...

They didn't give you a parting gift of cash???? After all the time you invested in them this week? You even went to church!!!!!

That is child abuse if you ask me ;).

angie, party of one said...

You old sofite you!