Monday, February 25, 2008

Air Force Pleased With Progressive Insurance After Crash

An Air Force pilot who crashed his B-2 Bomber Saturday said that he is very pleased with the service he received from Progressive Insurance.

Patrick West's stealth jet crashed on take-off at Anderson airbase in Guam. He and his co-pilot ejected safely.

After parachuting to the ground, West called his superior to inform him of the accident and then immediately placed a call to his Progressive Insurance agent, Stan Morton.

"I was a little shaken up. Anytime you're in an accident with a company vehicle, it's stressful." West said. "But Stan showed up within an hour and really put me at ease."

"He inspected the damage, filed my claim and took care of all the paperwork. He even got me a rental fighter plane. I was back at my office within an hour."

Morton said that the $1.2 billion aircraft is more than likely a total loss. The Air Force will be responsible for the $850 million deductible.

The Air Force chose Progressive for its insurance needs in 1998, after it was shown Progressive's rates and the rates of its competitors.

"Sometimes they're the lowest, sometimes they're not," said Colonel Karl McSparet, adding that, whenever possible, the Air Force takes advantage of good driver and multiple vehicle discounts.

1 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

Dude, if I were the boss over at The Onion, I would SO hire you!