Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Rocking The Vote

I think I am perfectly fine leaving the fate of our country in the hands of people who love standing in lines. Yeah ... I think I'm fine with it.

I got to my voting place -- a junior high school -- around 5:20PM. For the next hour I witnessed democracy at its finest and efficiency at its worst. I think I have a court order that says I'm not supposed to spend that much time at a junior high school. I thought about playing the "crippled card" and cutting to the front of the line but I like to save that for really important places -- like strip clubs.

As I neared the front, I got to see American hatred grow in the eyes of fellow voters as they continued down the hall -- past the science room, the "February is Library Lovers Month" poster, and the girls softball sign-up sheet -- to take their place at the back of the line.

When it was finally my turn to vote, I wasn't sure that our country was still facing the same issues it was when I first got in line. Have the troops been called home? Can a guy still knock up a chick and legally fix the situation for less than the price of a HDTV? Is my mortgage interest rate still 32%?

All that work to write in my vote for former Starship singer, Mickey Thomas.

0 COMMENTS: