Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Damn you, Bob Newhart!

Last month I stumbled upon the series finale of "Newhart" and recorded it on my DVR. Remember that show from the 80's? "I'm Larry. This is my brother Darryl and this is my other brother Darryl."

I recall watching this show as a kid. The final episode was regarded as a classic finale because Bob Newhart supposedly dreamt the entire series and woke up from his dream in bed with Suzanne Pleshette - his wife from his 70's show - "The Bob Newhart Show."

Anyway, every time I try to watch this final episode, I pass out before it's over. I've tried to watch it three times with the same result. Now it's stuck on my DVR for at least another day.

Perhaps I should try watching it without getting drunk first. But that doesn't seem like a good idea either.

Damn you, Bob Newhart!

Tonight I did watch the movie "Coach Carter." For you black people out there, this is basically your version of "Hoosiers."

1 COMMENTS:

Lila said...

That Newhart finale really is a classic. Worth staying sober for!