Friday, July 29, 2005

Drunk.

I just woke up, sort of lying on my bed. Lights on. Completely clothed. It's 12:43am.

According to my cell phone, I talked to my girlfriend at 10:53pm. Using that information, along with other clues, I am able to form a timeline of the night's events:

I think I got home from the bar sometime between 10:00pm and 10:30pm. Instead of immediately changing clothes and going to bed, I just collapse on my bed to rest "for a minute." That one minute turns into 120 minutes.

I really didn't drink all that much tonight - maybe six or seven beers and a vodka-Red Bull or two. The problem with drinking when you got cerebral (cereberal, cerebrel?) palsy (palsey?) (you'd think I'd learn how to spell the goddamn disease) is that, when you start drinking, it's like you've already had 10 drinks.

Oh well, that's the way it goes. At least tomorrow (or today, actually) is Work-From-Home-Friday.




5 COMMENTS:

Tanya Kristine said...

Aaah...you make me miss my drinking days. (course it's only been 3 weeks...but YOU trying going 3 weeks...)

Wirthy said...

tanya kristine, I have gone 3 weeks. It wasn't that hard. Oh wait a second, weeks?. I thought you said hours.

Randy said...

Those labels on my antidepressant bottles all say don't drink alcohol while using the meds. Despite the warnings, I still have an occasional beer or glass of wine. I'm away from home at a conference this week, and I've discovered after much tasting that I dig Shiner Bock.

Forgive me for asking, but what is the prognosis with CP? I know nothing about that condition.

Wirthy said...

Randy, From what I know, and that's not much,CP is a condition caused by a lack of oxygen to the brain at birth.

It's symptons includes muscular impairment, speech and learning difficulties, and an insatiable thirst for alcohol.

My case is relatively minor as my mental capacity was not affected, although some would argue that.

There really is no cure for the disorder and doctors have told me that I will most likely die sometime in the next 50-60 years.

Weary Hag said...

Work-at-home Fridays? Are they hiring at your place?

Cerebral, by the way, is spelled like that. :) As in "Outpost."

Nice job typing and posting while in less than a sober state!