Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Work-from-home-Wednesday?

Yes, I am working from home again today.

I couldn't get my car in for an alignment yesterday so I had to drive it to work this morning. It was shaking all the way, but what's the worst that could happen? The worst that could happen would probably be a tire blowout. And that's what happened.

So I waited on the freeway median for roadside assistance for about an hour, while traffic cruised by. Luckily in Arizona it doesn't hit 100 degrees until 10:00am or so.

A cop pulled up while I was on the phone with the service guy. I asked if he could help but he told me to wait for the toe truck. He said he'd check back in a half hour and see if I was still here. What the hell happened to "protect and serve?" I bet if I had a beer in my hand, he'd have paid more attention to me.

Anyway, now I'm working at home while my car gets four new tires put on.

1 COMMENTS:

{LyndsD} said...

Aren't AZ cops wonderful? Sorry to hear about that. Hope it wasn't too too hot for you while you were out there.