Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Gay movie day

Yesterday I watched "The Notebook," which is the epitome of a chick-flick. Ryan Gosling and James Garner play the main character, Noah Calhoun. Garner plays an elderly Calhoun, telling the story of his life. In the story, Gosling plays the young Calhoun.

The saddest part of the movie is that a guy that looks like Ryan Gosling grows up to look like James Garner. Shit, what the hell am I going to end up looking like then?


Another sad reality is what James Garner looks like these days.


I also watched "In Good Company," which is a slightly less gay movie. You ever notice, in movies, how much time people have in the morning, before going to work? Dennis Quaid's character eats breakfast, drinks coffee and watches the news on TV. My alarm goes off at 5:45am and I barely have enough time to shower, get dressed and brush some of my teeth.

3 COMMENTS:

Randy said...

You may have stumbled onto some kind of x-file mystery. Why is it that Ryan Gosling and Bret Maverick ended up being the same balding old guy? Genetics? I doubt it. Sinister forces are at work here, I tell you!

Lila said...

My stepdaughter "forced" us to watch "The Notebook" yesterday, too. Ick. Not my kind of movie. Yeah, we didn't think Ryan Gosling looked much like ol' James Garner either.

curmudgeon said...

The Notebook. What a pukefest.
I was connived into sitting through it.
Laughing at the stupidity helps break up the monotony.