Monday, April 18, 2005

Bzzzzzz

I had an exterminator come out this afternoon to get rid of bees that were forming a hive in a wall in my back patio. For a couple of weeks, I've noticed them going in and out of a crevice in the wall. I called my homeowner's association and, to my surprise, extermination is covered by my monthly dues. Finally I get something for my $122/month (which apparently isn't enough to properly maintain my 10 square foot front yard).

The exterminator, dressed in full bee-slaying regalia, sprayed some poisonous smoke between the boards of the wall. Safely observing from my living room, I watched a huge swarm of bees escape from behind the wall. I was definitely glad that I got an exterminator instead of just spraying them with the hose, which is what I was considering a few days ago.

This better kill them because, right now, they seem kind of angry.

4 COMMENTS:

F.G. Shaw said...

This is funny stuff... i hope those goddamned bees are dead.

Furlong said...

I had a similar incident yesterday, bees got in through the B-Hole in my collapsed ceiling. I sprayed in with raid and it caught on fire after it flew into the light fixture. Not so good.

Cool Blog

Weary Hag said...

Ohhhh good job on getting rid of the bees! We have a situation with hornets hanging around our roof. They've gotten worse in the past two years. We'll have it looked into but first we had to get rid of the bats. Isn't life grand? And I thought it was horrible when I lived in the city and would see the occasional cockroach while visiting someone in Brooklyn. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Weary Hag :
The bats were probably keeping the bees at bay! Now you'll have to get an ant eater when you kill the bees and the ants take over!