Thursday, April 21, 2005

Saturday, Bloody Saturday

If I was in charge of recruiting for a blood drive, I'd would do it in a bar.

I can't think of the last time I donated blood. I'm not even sure that I ever have. I remember I was so emotional over 9/11 that I made an appointment to donate, but I never went. However, after a number of beers and a cute waitress waiving a sign-up form in front of me tonight, I made an appointment for Saturday at noon.

So now two unfortunate things are going to happen: (1) I am going to be getting up before noon on Saturday; and (2) some poor person is going to get my alcohol-saturated blood.

1 COMMENTS:

Yawn said...

I used to donate plasma next to a bar. Both the bar and the plasma center were across the street from my apartment. It was like a one-and-a-half-stop shopping- you go in, they drain you, they give your cells back, then they give you your $15 or $20 depending on which day of the week it is, then you go next door and get utterly hammered for $10.

So, yes. Blood and bars go hand in hand like...something. Blood and guts maybe. I don't know- it's still early.