Friday, April 29, 2005

Weddings are scams

Weddings are the biggest money-making scam ever! What a return on investment: every invitation sent out must yield, at the very least, a $20 profit.

I am invited to two weddings tomorrow but I will only attend one, as the other is 2,000 miles away.

So, I bought two identical cards at the dollar store (two cards for one buck) and wrote out two checks. To compute the gift amount, I use a complex formula that involves variables like the number of years I've known the bride and/or groom, whether there is a blood relation, how long I think the marriage will last, and pi (3.14).

For the wedding I'm attending, I will be able to recoup my costs by drinking the free booze. The other one will be a complete loss.

1 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Wirthy, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on uk wedding planning I ended up on your page. Obviously Weddings are scams is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for uk wedding planning. Should the need ever arise where you need information on uk wedding planning then drop by for a look.