Saturday, January 26, 2008

Remember this one? 'Turbo Teen'

How is it that I can't remember how I got home last Wednesday, but I remember a Saturday morning cartoon that aired only 12 episodes when I was 10?

"Turbo Teen" was an animated series that ABC aired in 1984 about a teenager, Brett Matthews, who drove his sports car into a scientific lab's molecular beam. As a result, he is able to morph into his car when his body temperature reached a certain level.



Brett used his new powers to battle crime with his girlfriend, Pattie, his best friend, Alex, and his dog. In the 80's teenage cartoon characters always had dogs and nearly all of them battled crime.

No one seemed to be bothered that they were riding around "inside" their friend. If I remember right, if Turbo Teen had passengers when he began morphing into human form, he would end up on all fours with his passengers sitting on his back. Creepy.

When I was a kid I liked how his hands turned into tires and his ass expanded to the rear of the car, but it freaked me out that his mouth stretched to become the grill. Now that I'm older, I have other questions. What part of the car is his penis? You know it's the gear shift -- you just know it!

Here is a funny parody from "Robot Chicken"
.

3 COMMENTS:

Effortlessly Average said...

And what does he think when his girlfriend or best friend are in his back seat knocking boots? And what about when one of them lifts a leg and lets one rip when they're driving down the highway? Or picks their nose and rubs it on the upholstery?

Christie said...

OMG, I remember that cartoon. It was awesome. We had much better cartoons back then than what kids are watching now. Fucking anime is ruining everything.

Jay said...

Holy crap. This brought back memories of me as a kid, wincing each time he changed into a car. It always struck me as being a super painful transformation for him to go through.