Sunday, August 14, 2005

Breaking up is hard to do

Yesterday I ended my long-term relationship with AT&T Wireless.

AT&T and I had been together for over seven years. We met in early 1998, when I was fairly new in town and didn't know a lot of cell phone providers.

We initially spent about 200 minutes together each month but it wasn't long before that increased to over 800 minutes.

Back then, we were inseparable. We would go on weekend trips, roaming to places like California and Vegas. I even took her to North Dakota to meet my family.

At that time, we couldn't have been happier.

But things haven't been great over the past couple of years. She hasn't been providing adequate coverage at home. It even came to the point that I, regretfully, had to get a land-line phone to meet my needs.

In the end she just wasn't the same AT&T that I met seven years ago. In fact, she even changed her name to Cingular. I hardly recognized her anymore.

So after much soul searching, I decided to break up with AT&T. We will try to remain friends, since we did have five phones together, but I have found someone else. Her name is Verizon and I predict a long and happy relationship, at least till August 13, 2007.

AT&T and I, in better days:





3 COMMENTS:

Lila said...

I'm still happily dating T-Mobile.

Mrs. Architect said...

I've been in a long-term relationship with Sprint since summer of '01. We've almost broken up several times, but we're still together. Atleast until Jan '07!

rebecca marie said...

at&t is a two timing whore. and and and, she treats me the same miserable way. i'm dumping her as soon as i can.