Saturday, October 01, 2005

Houston, we have a problem

2:30am. I just woke up - sitting on the couch, fully clothed, TV off, all lights on. The last thing I remember is leaving the bar a little before midnight.

So I change clothes and prepare for bed. But I actually feel pretty good and return to the living room and crack a beer. There is really no doubt in my mind now that I do have a drinking problem. However, at this moment, I really don't care.

I am watching an episode of 'Knight Rider.' (what else would one do at 3:12am) It's the one where Michael Knight battles his evil half brother Garth who is an exact twin except he has a goatee (true sign of evil) and, for no reason, carries a cane. He also talks a lot slower and over annunciates every word. Garth has built an evil super-vehicle to battle K.I.T.T. It's a semi-truck, with trailer. What the fuck? What's with the trailer?

So back to my drinking problem. Yesterday, around 1:30am, I'm drinking screwdrivers. At this point, I'm barely able to walk - bouncing off walls as I go. I manage my way to the kitchen to make another drink. Yank open the refrigerator door. A carton of eggs falls to the floor. The next few minutes are spent staring at the mess. The next 20 minutes is spent cleaning it up - not an easy task, given my condition.



Well, enough rambling. Time to have another beer.

3 COMMENTS:

rebecca marie said...

oh the horror! wirthy, tell me you still had enough eggs for your egg and muffin toaster...

Stephanie said...

LMFAO at the dramatic reenactment!!

aughra said...

I, too, am laughing outloud at the dramtic reenactment. That is super!