Sunday, October 16, 2005

Weekend recap

As stated in my previous post, I spent the weekend in the "high country."

Saturday was one of the harder drinking days I've had in a while. We drank steadily throughout the afternoon at my friends' cabin. After dinner, the guys headed uptown to sample the local watering holes.

The first bar we went to is called The Castle. We've been there before and each time it's been completely empty. According to the owner lady, the bar is for sale for $1.5 million. She insists that you "can make as little or as much as you want" with the business. Apparently she chooses to make nothing.

We then hit Tom's Cabin, the bar next door, which was packed. Luckily for me (and everyone around me), it was karaoke night. I performed my profanity laced version of "Because I got high." Always a crowd-pleaser, the place went nuts.

On our way home, we couldn't resist the urge to return to The Castle which, surprisingly, now had two other customers. The Castle is decorated like a castle (convenient, don't you think?). There's a bunch of suits of armor, swords and shields hanging on the wall. I convinced the owner to let me try my hand at one of the swords. Luckily nobody suffered more than minor injuries.

A strange old man who claimed to have been in the Navy taught me how to say "please send me some hookers" in Morse code using a desk lamp. I have my doubts that he really knew Morse code because all he did was aim the lamp out the window and turn it off and on four or five times. You know, maybe he really wasn't in the Navy either.

We continued drinking once we back to the cabin. I collapsed onto the floor around 4:00am. This was OK though as I had been relegated to sleeping on the floor the entire weekend. Two hours later all the kids in decided to get up and work on their synchronized screaming routine. In an attempt to sneak a few more Z's, I grabbed a blanket and went outside. The 40 degree temperature didn't bother me, as long as it was quiet. Unfortunately, it didn't take long for the kids to find me and I fled back into the house.

So with only two hours of sleep, I gave myself a vasectomy with a kitchen fork and headed home.



6 COMMENTS:

... said...

good thing you had that fork handy or you really would've been screwed - i'm assuming the sword would be too big.


wsbpms - it says pms in my word verification - i think this is a hint.

Stephanie said...

Kids, cats and dogs always find and flock around the person who likes them least. It's a rule of nature.

I've heard that nail clippers work quite well for the self-vasectomy too!

Tanya Kristine said...

here here.

can you imagine what your little chitlin's would be like? probably angels but they'd get on your nerves no less.

but dogs? come on~

Blonde said...

as always, you made me laugh out loud. That and self vasectomy are so hot.

Tanya Kristine said...

You shouldn't add blogs you read and why becuase some people can get their feelings hurt.

i was here first.

Lil Bit said...

LOL! Sounds like you had GREAT w/e!!

"I was gonna visit your blog earlier... but then I got high!" LMAO