Monday, October 31, 2005

I think I want to drink myself to death

What is it about movies that negatively portray drinking that makes me WANT to drink?

Last night I watched "Pollock" which is about artist Jackson Pollock and his struggle with alcoholism that led to his death. Even though the movie shows alcohol destroying his life, I still got the urge to drink. So that's what I did.

The same thing happens whenever I watch "Leaving Las Vegas." Nicholas Cage gets drunk and vomits and I feel like having a beer. Since I'm on the subject, what I really like about that movie is a guy can be a disgusting alcoholic, drinking himself to death, and still get a piece of ass like Elisabeth Shue. By the way, I'd also like to see the Vegas hooker who looks like her.



4 COMMENTS:

Mara said...

LMAO... true.. hell you're lucky if a vegas hooker has half her teeth and all her appendages.. Shit!...you can't even determine the sex of most of them, a good half of them are She-males.

I better shut up... I could rant about this all day.

::smooches::
Mara

KOM said...

I have the same issue with Bar Fly.

Lila said...

Prostitutes are a lot prettier in the movies, aren't they?

Bsoholic said...

Leaving Las Vegas made me want to drink too. odd really.