Friday, October 21, 2005

The real crime here

Mom Charged With Tossing Her Kids in Bay

Ok, she threw her kids into the bay. That's pretty bad. But I am not about to overlook her other atrocity.

As you may or may not have read (odds are you didn't) in 101 things about me, I hate when parents give kids strange names or choose unorthodox spellings of common names (#50). This mother did both when she named her children Taronta, Treyshun and Joshoa. The first two violate the "strange" rule while Joshoa would have been constantly correcting people who spelled his name J-o-s-h-u-a. But I guess mom made sure he'll never have to worry about that.


10 COMMENTS:

Paul said...

Taronta? What the hell is that?

Tanya Kristine said...

funny...i thought of you when i read that.

i hate that too...

Tanya Kristine said...

i mean i thought of you when i read their names...

Tanya Kristine said...

i mean i thought of you when i read their names...

Tanya Kristine said...

MAN...i'm wired AND lame today.

Wirthy said...

Paul, I believe a Taronta is Honda's new SUV.

Tanya Kristine said...

wow! you made a point to ignore me this time.

okay Wirthy...i get it.

Blonde said...

Kind of like Anfernee Hardaway. That poor guy should have been Anthony.

Taronta-- was it supposed to be Toronto?

Treyshun-- no fucking idea

Joshoa-- she must have lost her marbles at this point.

Shout out to NFL players that have names that make me cringe....

Lawyer and Plexico

I swear parents fuck their kids lives up with bad names, before the kid has a chance to fuck it up for himself. For the record, my real name is a fucked up name.

Debi said...

One of my middle names is "Shanetah" accent on the "tah" ... a native american name. I absolutely hate it when people purposely mispronounce it in jest as "sha-na-na" like the character in that sitcom "Martin". I can just imagine what kids given names like that feel like once they become adults.

Lil Bit said...

LOL! Just damn!