Monday, October 10, 2005

Sorry, no birthday for you

Saturday evening my girlfriend returned from her 11-day family vacation. So you now how we spent our night, right?. You guessed it: watching baseball, getting drunk and passing out!

She had a birthday while on vacation. I was happy because that was supposed to buy me an extra week to get her a present. But that week came and went and I still had no idea what to get her. I am taking her to a Gavin Degraw concert, which I think is pretty nice since I have no idea who Gavin Degraw is. The concert is at the State Fair and I tried to convince her that we should see ZZ Top the next day instead, but it ain't happening. Can't wait!

So in addition to the whopping $17 concert ticket, I bought her a couple bottles of her favorite wine. I also promised that I would really come through for our one-year-dating anniversary. But I think I just dug myself into a deeper hole, as that's coming up in just a couple of weeks.


Me at the Gavin Degraw concert? We'll see.

6 COMMENTS:

It's me, @Moustachio said...

I like the new drunk-0-meter. Also: Go 'Stros.

Stephanie said...

I've seen ZZ Top in concert and they kicked ass!!!

You can always drink at the fair - right??

Wirthy said...

oh yes, Snavylyn,I be will be drinking heavily at the show.

Lila said...

Sounds like a nice b-day present to me.

Lil Bit said...

Gavin tix! woo hoo!
Dude, you need to turn on the radio every once in a while! LOL

Wirthy said...

Lil Bit, technology has allowed me to stay in th 80's and not open myself up to new music.

My iPod is loaded with Motley Crue, Guns 'N Roses, Whitesnake, Van Halen, etc. And my new satellite radio cranks out these tunes just like they did in 1987.

But I'll let you know if I enjoy the Gavin Degraw show.