Monday, October 03, 2005

Pray for me

After being holed up in my house all day Saturday, I ventured out early Sunday afternoon.

I found myself at a home store, browsing it's patio furniture inventory. With nothing to do and nowhere to go, I sat down on a patio chair to ponder my next move.

Two young women approached me. One of them handed me a small, laminated card. She said her church group has recently been praying for people with all sorts of problems and that they've seen some real miraculous results. I wonder which one she thought I was: sick, desperate, discouraged, in crisis or in need of direction?

Depressed by that exchange, I headed straight to the bar. I stayed there from 2:00pm - 10:00pm. I wanted to try out my new strategy of pacing myself while I drink. It was pretty successful. I only had about six or seven drinks and was coherent the entire day.

I spent eight hours at a bar. Who would do that on a Sunday? Someone who is sick, desperate, discouraged, in crisis or in need of direction.

3 COMMENTS:

angie, party of one said...

I think a person who sits in a bar for 8 hours on football day is MUCH more normal than someone who passes out church cards to strangers at a home store. Damn freaks!!!

Lil Bit said...

LOL! I agree w/Angie... but I'll pray for ya anyway. Not! LOL

Anonymous said...

I was in your boat on sunday too!!Someone who is sick, desperate, discouraged, in crisis or in need of direction!