Sunday, March 20, 2005

Drünken thöughts ön the Mötley Crüe cöncert

I just got home from the Mötley Crüe concert. Since I heard the f-word so many times tonight, I'll use it here more than I usually do.

I met John Erickson at Alice Cooperstown for some pre-show cocktails. I sure hate fücking downtown. The only handicap parking is in the pay lots, so I gotta drop $8 to fücking park a block away from where I want to go. While circling the neighborhood for the better parking space I never found, a man approached my car and said he was $4 short to buy a pack of Marlboros. How much does a pack of cigarettes cost? Isn't it something like $4? Why not just say "I got no money and want cigarettes?" I decided to teach this guy a life lesson and give him nothing.

After drinking at Cooperstown for a while, we left for the show, thinking it started at 7:00pm. But I fücked up: it started at 8:00pm. We found a shithole near the pavilion to drink at and kill the extra time before going to the concert.

It's nice to see a fücking show that provides entertainment that's not PG-rated and family oriented for a change. Apparently some people thought the Crüe was going to put on a family show 'cause I saw one couple pushing a baby in a stroller. What the fück - couldn't they have left the kid in the car? It's not August; he'd be fine.

This was one long fücking show: nearly three hours with a 10-minute intermission. With no opening act, the show started with a claymation movie featuring the band.

They opened with "Shout at the Devil." The first half was mainly made up of older songs. After the intermission, they played newer stuff, which was still 15 years old.

Tommy Lee comes out from behind his drum kit and grabs a video camera, which he called his favorite toy: the titty cam. Simple concept here: he points the camera at girl in the crowd and she whips out her titties for everyone to see on the projection screen at the back of the stage. I wonder if this would work for me at my house.

Outside the pavilion, where everyone was exiting the parking lot, was a group six or seven guys with a big sign about religion or church or something. One of the guys had a megaphone and was chastizing Crüe fans, telling them they need to find god and shit like that. Great idea genius: piss off a bunch of drunk head-bangers. Yup, there it is, you getting your ass kicked.

0 COMMENTS: